Underage Alcohol Offenses

If you have been charged with an underage alcohol offense, you need the assistance of an attorney. How your underage alcohol offense is handled will make a difference as to whether the offense remains part of your criminal record.

An underage alcohol offense, whether for consumption, possession or attempt to purchase, can be a serious matter. Gone are the days when law enforcement looked the other way or simply confiscated alcohol from underage drinkers.

While you may think that unfair, you need to consider the impact that an underage alcohol offense on your criminal record can have on your future. Increasingly, potential employers, landlords, schools, lending institutions and licensing boards are running background checks. Any criminal record – even a dismissal – may jeopardize your goals.

If this is your first offense, the Ivie Law Firm often can negotiate to have the offense dismissed. This will likely require that you complete community service hours and avoid any further criminal charges, but in the end you will not have a conviction on your criminal record. Further, you may qualify to have all evidence of the charge expunged from court and your criminal records.

If you do not qualify for a dismissal, it is imperative that you have an attorney negotiate terms of any plea agreement. Only certain alcohol related convictions can be expunged from your criminal record.

If you have been charged with an underage alcohol offense, contact Randy for a free consultation and information. You cannot change what has happened, but you can avoid making matters worse.

You will be treated with respect and your case will be handled by an attorney who is experienced in underage drinking offenses. How the offense is handled will determine whether you suffer temporary embarrassment or are scarred for life. Call, email or use the Contact Form on this website for additional information about how the Ivie Law Firm can help you with your underage alcohol offense.